Summer is fun… and the best part are the times spent in and around your pool!
Spending the day in the pool with your friends is great fun… and getting your pool ready for fun is the first step!
Birthday pool parties and poolside cookouts were all synonymous with summer. Make sure you take the appropriate steps to ensure your pool is summer ready so you don’t have to fuss with down time for repairs and maintenance issues.
Your pool requires little maintenance throughout the winter… but now that summer is here you will need to get the water balanced and all the equipment in tip top condition so you can have a successful pool opening for your summer swim season, parties, and fun.
You can do some of these tasks yourself, but for safety and ultimate cost efficiency, it’s best to have a trained professional get your pool ready. Below are some of the most important elements of preparing the pool for all the fun!
- Remove and store your cover
- Connect the pool equipment (if required)
- Add water (as needed)
- Clean your pool
- Use the following steps to clean your pool
- Adjust your pH and Alkalinity levels
- Skim the Surface
- Clean the tile or vinyl sides
- Brush the pool
- Check the skimmer and pump strainer baskets
- Vacuum the pool
- Service the pool filter
- Rinse the deck
- Add shock
- Add stabilizer
- Add sanitizer
- Add algaecide
- Let the pool run for at least 24 hours. Vacuum any debris out of the bottom. Test the water. Do not go into the pool until water is crystal clear and chlorine level is under 2.0 ppm.
- Perform a complete pool audit and safety check
It’s true that pool care is a year round project but the benefits of swimming in the summer swimming season make it all worthwhile. We are here to help you have a successful pool opening. Give us a call and schedule your appointment for our Service Techs to come out and get started.